SAMPLE EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
This employment agreement is entered into by and between _________________________________
______________________________________________________(the “Employee”) and _________________
________________________________________________________ (the “Employer”), who agree as follows:
1. The Employer has hired the Employee to fill the following position:
Account and Billing Supervisor
❏See attached description.
2. Term. The term of Employee’s employment shall begin on October 7, 2008. Employment
pursuant to this agreement shall be “at will” and may be ended by the Employee or by the
Employer at any time and for any reason. This is an agreement for employment that is:
❏permanent, but “at will.”
❏temporary, but “at will,” __________________________________________________________
3. Probation. It is understood that the first __________ days of employment shall be probationary
only and that if the Employee’s services are not satisfactory to the Employer, employment shall
be terminated at the end of this probationary period.
4. Compensation and Benefits. The Employee’s compensation and benefits during the term of
this agreement shall be as stated in this paragraph, and may be adjusted from time to time by the
Employer. Initially, the Employer shall pay the Employee:
❏ a salary in the amount of ________________________________________________________,
❏an hourly wage of $_____________ , payable _______________________________________.
❏a commission of ______% of _____________________________________________________.
In addition to such commission, the Employee shall receive ___________________________
❏ the following benefits: ___________________________________________________________
5. Work Hours. The hours and schedule worked by the Employee may be adjusted from time to
time by the Employer. Initially, the Employee shall work the following hours each week:
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
6. Additional Terms. The Employee also agrees to the terms of the attached:
❏ No other agreements are attached ❏ Confidentiality Agreement
❏ Agreement on Patents and Inventions ❏ Indemnification Agreement
7. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of _______________________________________.
8. It is the Employer’s intention to comply with all federal, state, and local laws that apply to
the business, including, but not limited to, labor, equal opportunity, privacy, and sexual harassment
laws. The Employee shall promptly report to the Employer any violations encountered in the business.
The Employee shall at all time comply with any and all federal, state, and local laws.
9. The Employee shall not have the power to make any contracts or commitments on behalf of
the Employer without the express written consent of the Employer.
10. In the event one party fails to insist upon performance of a part of this agreement, such failure
shall not be construed as waiving those terms, and this entire agreement shall remain in full
11. In the event a dispute of any nature arises between the parties to this agreement, the parties
agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration
Association. An award rendered by the arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding upon the parties and
judgment on such award may be entered by either party in the highest court having jurisdiction.
Each party specifically waives his or her right to bring the dispute before a court of law and stipulates
that this agreement shall be a complete defense to any action instituted in any local, state, or
federal court or before any administrative tribunal.
12. If any part of this agreement is adjudged invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the remaining
parts shall not be affected and shall remain in full force and effect.
13. This agreement shall be binding upon the parties, and upon their heirs, executors, personal
representatives, administrators, and assigns. No person shall have a right or cause of action arising
out of or resulting from this agreement except those who are parties to it and their successors
14. This instrument, including any attached agreements specified in paragraph 6 above, constitutes
the entire agreement of the parties. No representations or promises have been made except
those that are set out in this agreement. This agreement may not be modified except in writing
signed by all the parties.
15. IN WITNESS WHEREOF the parties have signed this agreement under seal on
Southern Hotel Supply, Inc.
Jake Southern, President