SAMPLE ESTOPPEL LETTER
Re: Estoppel Certificate
Dear Sir or Madam:
The undersigned is Tenant under a lease dated _________________ (the “Lease”) related
to property (the “Premises”) located at:
The Landlord under the Lease is ______________________________________________.
The Tenant under the Lease is ________________________________________________.
The undersigned Tenant hereby certifies as follows:
1. The Lease constitutes the complete agreement regarding the Premises between the
Landlord and the Tenant. There are no other agreements, provisions, options, or
rights existing between Landlord and Tenant with respect to the Premises, except
as contained in the Lease.
2. The Landlord is in possession of $____________________ as security for the performance
of the Tenant’s obligations under the lease.
3. The term of the Lease commenced on (date) _________________ and will expire on
(date) ___________. The Lease may be extended beyond such term under the following
4. The monthly rent payable under the Lease is ________________________. The following
additional rent is payable (if any): ________________________________________
Tenant has paid all rent due through (date) _________________.
5. The Lease is, at the date of this letter, in full force and effect and, to the best knowledgeof the Tenant, no default exists on the part of the Landlord or the Tenant. The
Tenant has no claims, offsets, credits, deductions, or other defenses as to the payment
of rent or the performance of Tenant’s duties under the Lease.
This certification is made by the Tenant with the understanding that Landlord and the
addressee of this letter has the right to rely on such certification in connection with the
Name of Tenant: ________________________________________________
Printed or typed name and title: _____________________________________